Open as PDF
Installing Cover Guards for MPR Clinical Recliners
Assembly, Installation and Operating Instructions
Kit # 1102816 for Model Nos. 6905A, 6907A, 6908A
NOTE: Check all parts for shipping damage, in case of damage, DO NOT use. Contact Carrier/Invacare
for further instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To ensure the safe and proper installation and use of footrest and scissor mechanism guards,
these instructions MUST be followed:
DO NOT install this equipment without first reading and understanding this
instruction sheet and the Invacare Mobile Recliners Manual, part number
54000M107. If you are unable to understand the warnings, cautions and
instructions, contact a healthcare professional, dealer or technical personnel
if applicable, before attempting to install this equipment - otherwise, injury
or damage may occur.
After ANY adjustments, repair, or service and BEFORE use, make sure that all
attaching hardware is tightened securely.
INSTALLING FOOTREST GUARD AND SCISSOR
FOOTREST GUARD (FIGURE 1)
NOTE: Right and left sides are determined from the users seated position.
1. Engage wheel locks.
2. Extend the footrest of the recliner.
3. Carefully tip the recliner onto the right side. Be sure there are no obstructions on or
around the floor before doing this.
4. Remove mounting bolt from support tube as shown in DETAIL A in FIGURE 1.
5. Install footrest guard around the footrest frame as shown in DETAIL A in FIGURE 1.
NOTE: Footrest guard needs to be folded in two (2) locations so it will wrap entirely around the upper
frame. Refer to the scored lines on the guard to determine where the folds should be.
6. Once folded, align the two (2) mounting holes of the footrest guard with the mounting
hole in the upper frame as shown in DETAIL A in FIGURE 1.
7. Using the mounting bolt, secure the footrest guard and upper frame to the support tube
as shown in DETAIL A in FIGURE 1.
Footrest Cover 2
Mechanism Cover 2
Tie Wrap 2